IMPORTANT: Be sure to read all the way to the bottom of this article as you’ll find out how Barry continues to extend his generosity by offering a discount for the Season Pass.
DETAILS: Beginning August 1, 2016 the Day Use Pass at Horseshoe Canyon Ranch will increase to $10 per day. The Season Pass will increase to $100 (good for 1 year from date of purchase. The Camping Fee remains $5 per night.
- The price increase is “not (to make) more money necessarily; but to manage the resources more carefully.”
- “And, to be quite honest, lessen the impact and provide an even better experience for the community.”
I fully support the price increase.
Barry and his family have shared their piece of heaven with the climbing community and has not raised the prices to climb for 15 years.
Since I’ve started climbing at Horseshoe Canyon Ranch in 2007, Barry has added:
- The super convenient bathrooms and showers
- The impressive pavilion with electrical outlets to charge my phone
- Jason and Morgan continue to bolt new routes and maintain all of the hardware and fixed gear
- They’ve added the coffee shop inside of the Trading Post
All of these improvements have made Horseshoe Canyon Ranch a world-class destination for climbing and relaxing.
I hope you will agree: I am willing to pay more for climbing at HCR without a single thought of complaining.
- Sign in and pay your fees
- Pick up your trash
- Be a good citizen – a good neighbor. Be considerate of other people.
- Don’t be shy – watch out for your fellow climbers. Watch out for the ranch. If somebody is not wearing a wristband, chances are they have not signed off on their waiver. Well, that is a threat to everyone’s access. It is okay to say, “I’ve noticed you’re not wearing a wristband…”
- Please be considerate. Please be respectful. Please obey the rules.
The Earth Beta 5 Discount for Horseshoe Canyon Ranch
Barry and Horseshoe Canyon Ranch is partnering with Earth Beta 5 to benefit those who love the outdoors. Barry is generously allowing Earth Beta 5 members to purchase a 1-Year Season Pass at Horseshoe Canyon Ranch for the old price of $50.00.
The new 1-Year Season Pass is going to be priced at $100. EB5 members save $50.
Barry is even going to allow you to use the Earth Beta 5 discount all the way up to December 31st of this year (2016) so that you can continue to climb for all of 2017 at the old pass rate of $50. (That will make a pretty awesome Christmas gift for your climbing partner – hint, hint!)
Purchase instruction for Earth Beta 5 cards will be released shortly. (The EB5 cards are initially going to cost $20 and they will NEVER EXPIRE.) You might be blown away by the other discounts and monthly giveaways that come with your Earth Beta 5 membership. (If you NEED an Earth Beta 5 card immediately, you can email: email@example.com)
Barry, on behalf of THE ENTIRE CLIMBING COMMUNITY, we support this price increase and are truly grateful that you share your beautiful piece of heaven with all of us.
Learn a whole lot more about Horseshoe Canyon Ranch in HCRBeta’s Horseshoe Canyon Ranch Category
Jason Clements is the founder of and writer for HCRBeta, Hike Climb Relax: How to… Jason has served as the President of the Kansas City Climbing Club where he grew the club from 100 members to 1000 members. He lives in Shawnee, Kansas and also runs the cell phone recycling company, Cells for Cells, which recycles cell phones to raise money for families battling cancer.