Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers With Bacon for Ketogenic and Low Carb Diets
Let’s face it: You haven’t been using enough bacon with your stuffed jalapeno peppers. Most recipes call for you to cut up a few strips of bacon and mix it into your cream cheese and then stuff the peppers. That is just not enough bacon! This variation that will appeal to all of you bacon lovers.
1. I picked these beauties from my garden. I enjoy the jalapenos and add banana peppers to give my mouth a break from the heat.
2. Remove seeds and pith. If you are sensitive to the pepper juices, consider wearing gloves.
3. I used about 1/2 package of cream cheese, or 4 oz of cream cheese for 9 pepper (or 18 halves). With approximately 2 grams of carbs per ounce, I only used 8 grams of carbs total for all of these.
4. Bacon. I cook my bacon in the oven at 350 degrees and turn it at least 2 times. You’ll have to check until you get your system down. I like my bacon where the fat just melts in my mouth and is not quite yet crispy. It is your choice on how long to cook your bacon.
5. Place my stuffed peppers in the toaster oven for 20 minutes. Depending on how “done” you enjoy your peppers, cook them shorter or longer. For me, as soon as there are a few toasty brown spots on the cream cheese, it is done.
6. Add your fresh picked cherry tomatoes and an avocado for the perfect meal.
7. Use approximately 1/2 slice of bacon per pepper. You’ll thank me later. Enjoy!