Jeremy Dowsett writes for Climbing Hold Review and runs the YouTube channel called Jeremy Dowsett or NTMB. (You’ll get to know what NTMB stands for in a few moments…) He has also repped for a number of world-class hold companies; and currently reps for Project Holds and Atomik Climbing Holds.
Pour yourself a big hot coffee or a tall cold beer as this is a killer interview and well worth the read time. We not only cover Climbing Holds, Routesetting, Home Walls; but also:
- World travel for climbers
- Tricks to summon up super powers for that special send
- Tips for connecting with Jeremy or other climbing hold companies for business purposes – you know, purchase climbing holds.
- Mistakes to avoid when building a home wall
- Tips for rock climbing gym owners and managers
- The importance of routesetting in a climbing gym
- Tips to move from beginner routesetter to excellent routesetter
- Specific beta for rock climbing in Europe
HCRB: What is the last good book you read?
Jeremy: “Anthony Bourdain: Kitchen Confidential” as I like to cook and I just binged watched Anthony’s show: The Layover.
On the climbing front I just re-read “Fall of the Phantom Lord: Climbing and the Face of Fear” which is a great read by Andrew Todhunter. It is about the risks of climbing and about one of my favorite climbers, Dan Osman.
HCRB: Favorite way to relax?
Jeremy: Cooking and hanging with my girlfriend and my “wolfpack” (I have three cats)
HCRB: What is the last thing you googled?
Jeremy: Camera equipment…again.
HCRB: Why is your nickname Noodles?
Jeremy: That’s an interesting one; most people don’t realize that I’m actually a Senior Level Designer by trade. Basically, I make video games as my 9-5 and Climbing Hold Review was just a side project that I started many years ago. I work for Ubisoft in Montreal and have made a bunch of games that some people might recognize… Assassins Creed / Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory / Far Cry: Primal to name a few. [Read more…] about Climbing Holds, Routesetting, Home Walls: Meet Jeremy Dowsett